Watch out, it’s going to get busy!
Please allow for waiting times: the start of the autumn holidays in Berlin and Brandenburg once again means a significant increase in passenger volume at Berlin’s airports. More than 2.2 million passengers are expected at Tegel and Schönefeld between 2 and 20 October 2019. It gets particularly crowded on Sundays. Return traffic means that the busiest day is 18 October 2019, when Berlin’s airports expect around 140,000 passengers at SXF and TXL.
Allow for waiting times at check-in, passport control and security check
Throughout the entire autumn holidays, passengers must prepare for waiting times at check-in, passport control and security check. In order to make the start of your holiday as relaxed as possible, the airport operator asks all passengers to arrive on time, be at the terminal at least two hours before departure and prepare as thoroughly as possible for their flight before arriving at the airport. Use the online check-in, which many airlines offer free of charge! Find out about the flight status and local conditions at the airport! Pack your luggage and hand luggage according to the guidelines and check the documents of all fellow passengers at home.
The most important travel tips at a glance:
• Allow sufficient time for the journey to the airport.
• Travel by public transport if possible.
• Book your parking space in advance to avoid losing time searching for a parking space and to free up airport access roads.
• Arrive at the airport (terminal) at least two hours before departure.
• After checking in and dropping off your baggage, the security check must be passed as quickly as possible.
• Pay attention to messages and push notifications from your airline.
Information and tips on what each individual can do at home to make things more relaxed at the airport can be found here:
Automated baggage drop
All easyJet and Lufthansa passengers at Berlin-Tegel can drop off their luggage unassisted. For this purpose, self-service kiosks and baggage drop machines have been installed in Terminal B at Schönefeld, Terminal C (easyJet) and Terminal B (Lufthansa) at Tegel.
Contact and online services
• Passenger information in Schönefeld and Tegel, both in Terminal A
• Telephone contact at the local rate on +49 30 6091 60910