Silversea Cruises on Friday took delivery of new ship Silver Moon—the ninth vessel in the luxury cruise line’s fleet.
During an celebration held at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Ancona, executives from Silversea Cruises, the Royal Caribbean Group and Fincantieri expressed gratitude to all involved. Delivering live speeches via video feed, Richard D. Fain, chairman and CEO of the Royal Caribbean Group, and Jason Liberty, executive vice president and CFO of the Royal Caribbean Group, each commended the more than 1,000 craftspeople who contributed to the build. Present in Ancona, Luigi Matarazzo, Fincantieri’s general manager, merchant ships division, and Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s president and CEO, addressed attendees, before Martinoli penned his signature to officially take delivery of the ship.
Immersive Culinary Enrichment
Debuting aboard Silver Moon is the new culinary enrichment program S.A.L.T. (Sea and Land Taste), which will enable guests to travel deeper through a range of destination-focused gastronomic experiences—both on-board and ashore.
As part of the S.A.L.T. program, three new venues will be available to guests on Silver Moon (all on Deck 4):
- Among the largest of eight restaurants aboard Silver Moon, S.A.L.T. Kitchen is the first large-scale regional restaurant aboard a luxury cruise ship, offering a menu that changes with the destination and a regionally inspired wine list
- S.A.L.T. Lab is a test kitchen that enables guests to learn about local ingredients and artisanal techniques, through workshops, tastings and demonstrations
- S.A.L.T. Bar, which allows guests to sample the authentic flavors of the destination through a selection of regional wines, spirits and other drinks
Enhanced Public Spaces
At 40,700 gross tons and with a maximum capacity of just 596 guests, Silver Moon takes influence from the design of sister ship, Silver Muse. With that said, a number of public spaces have been reimagined, including the following sample:
- Serving fine French cuisine in an elegant atmosphere, Silversea’s signature restaurant, La Dame, has been redesigned and enlarged to accommodate 56 guests, with the option to dine outdoors; bespoke Lalique crystal panels have been incorporated into the restaurant’s design to enrich the space’s aesthetic
- Guests-favorite Atlantide restaurant has been enlarged to accommodate up to 220 guests
- At Kaiseki, which takes inspiration from top sushi restaurants and has a minimalist design, lets guests witness expert sushi chefs in action as they prepare fresh sushi, sashimi and other Asian-inspired dishes
- The popular Dolce Vita lounge has a new layout with the bar repositioned to the center of the venue
- The Connoisseur’s Corner now has a new Wintergarden area, creating a sheltered area outdoors; here, guests can enjoy a selection of cigars and premium liquors
Silver Moon’s 298 suites benefit from one of the highest space-to-guest ratios of any luxury cruise accommodation, according to the cruise line. Good to know: In 10 of the ship’s top 10 suites—four Owner’s Suites, four Grand Suites and two Royal Suites—guests will find bespoke, handcrafted luxury beds by Savoir. Guests in every suite will enjoy the dedicated service of a butler, as well as an in-suite bar, stocked with preferred beverages; in-suite dining, available 24 hours per day; and various other amenities.