- Nashville, Tennessee
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Position manages plans and coordinates the maintenance activities relating to an assigned project. Position will have strong ‘interface and contact with the customer representative(s).
- Responsible for the safety of the crew the quality of the product and on-time delivery of aircraft assigned to manage.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM/CASS) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance
- Responsible for all pre-planning of the specific project(s) assigned.
- Responsible for arrival and timely departure of the aircraft.
- Coordinate with the customer representatives for the timely delivery of customer documents materials or other items as required during the maintenance visit.
- Coordinate the activities of hangar maintence personnel to include : support shops and inspection in order to maintain a plan of progress leading to a scheduled completion date.
- Assisting as necessary with parts ordering estimating of tasks obtaining customer approvals updating and distributing aircraft status reports and following up on parts issues and any outside services as needed/required.
- Participate in developing the final documentation packages for the customer and reconciling company documents for the purpose of determing the final billing for the project.
- Responsible for oversight of all hangar activities such as employee safety hazmat material handling and proper use of PPE and facility equipment.
- Ensures that necessary tooling and/or equipment is available to accomplish the assigned project/task.
- Provide daily weekly and/or over-all project status updates in a professional manner to senior management and/or customer.
- Responsible for accuracy of time and attendance/personal leave and billing tasks to customers
- Position will require the implementation and involvement with yearly employee evaluation process ; merit and/or 90 day evaluation.
- Submit engineering request as required.
- Accomplishing other duties assigned by VP or Ops and/or Sr. Manager Hangar Operations.
- Recommend specific training for employee personnel and help determine attendees.
- Review SOPs for accuracy within every 2 years as required by SOP 1.1
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE SKILLS
- High School/ GED
- REQUIRES a valid AP Licence
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration Aviation or related field preferred.
- Generally 2-4 years or more of prior experience in an Assistant Project/Program Manager Role.
- Experience on regional aircraft; proficient on assigned aircraft types; must be trained on customer procedures and paperwork proficient and show demonstrated skill using customer manual system; has strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Prefer 3+ years in a previous leadership role; leading a crew/team of 8+.
- Ideal candidate will have previous and strong skills dealing with customer/vendor relations.
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Comprehension and understanding of broad practices associated within the Project/Program Management Fields.
- Applies these understandings towards the complete management and execution of all Project/Program Life Cycle
- Knowledge of FAA regulations safety protocols knowledge of use of hand tools and precision instruments;
- Ability to effectively manage and lead others.
- Able to work at a rapid pace while ensuring safety and quality work.
- Ability to inspect aircraft systems parts/components.
- Strong Microsoft office skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communicator with strong communication skills
- Ability to interpret and comprehend panel chart.
- Has an understanding of tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and assist in accomplishing repairs.
- Knowledge of machines and tools including their designs uses repair and maintenance.
Working Conditions / Environment/ Special Requirements
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including OSHA EPA State and Federal regulations.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts as needed: to include nights weekends holidays etc.
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations.
- Requires a Valid Drivers License.
- Must be able to work in hot/Cold – Indoor/Outdoor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to do work above head.
- Must be able to work at heights.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to climb.
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms policies directives and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Performs other duties as assigned.
Area: Customer Support
We have built one of the largest aerospace companies in the world. This has been made possible thanks to the dedication of people from all over the world who have a genuine passion for stretching the boundaries of what is possible. It has been like this from the beginning, and we continue being guided by the desire to work with people motivated by this challenge. At Embraer, we pay attention to all the stages of professional life, which is why we offer educational programs and special projects that serve everybody, from talented youth to those looking beyond retirement. Here we have the opportunity to integrate different cultures into a global environment, and to follow personal development throughout the span of one’s career. Get to know the programs and positions we have available in Brazil and around the world. Understand that here our focus is on partnerships, human development, and allowing you to grow in areas that correspond to your interests. Come be a part of Embraer.