- Daytona Beach, Florida
- Annual Salary $60,000.00 – $65,000.00
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
The lead Avionics Technician will report directly to the Director of Maintenance within PEA. In this role you will be responsible for providing the Avionics repair support and installations across the entire company’s training fleet which includes Cessna, Diamond and Piper aircraft.
The company is an exciting, vibrant place to work with a ”can do’ attitude throughout the business and a strong belief that we will deliver the very best at all times. If you do not share this approach we are probably not the right Company for you.
If, however you do share this attitude to your job and fill the role expectations, we would love to hear from you at the address below or e-mail:
Human Resources Department PEA, 561 Pearl Harbor Drive, Daytona Beach, Florida 3211
Lead Avionics Technician
# Positions Open
- Daytona Beach, Florida or close proximity
Duties & Responsibilities
- An ability to find solutions for avionics issues where none are obvious
- A constant up to date working knowledge of Avionic systems that enables maximum aircraft training fleet utilization at all times
- To be the go to person for minor to major avionic repairs with no two days necessarily being the same
- An ability to think on your feet while all the time being solution oriented
- 3-5 years of Avionics installations and repairs on general aviation aircraft
- Ability to navigate FAA regulations and STC compliance matters
- Robust knowledge of IFR Certifications
- In depth familiarity with Garmin and other manufacturers glass cockpit aircraft installations
- Professional trouble shooting expertise with glass cockpits and across the whole aircraft avionics spectrum
- Expert familiarity with ADSB installations
- A critical ability to analyze, identify and install avionics solutions across a multi brand aircraft fleet
- Communication skills
- Self-directed project management skills; including timeline & budget management
- FCC license
- Physical requirement to work on all aspects of aircraft throughout the year in a modern hangar environment
- Some travel within the South East, USA to other aircraft fleet locations 1-2 days per month
- $60,000 – $65,000 annualy
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
With global demand for airline pilots reaching new heights, here at Phoenix East Aviation (PEA) we believe that there has never been a better time to choose a career as a professional pilot.
Since 1972, we have trained more than 12,000 pilots and within just two weeks of arriving at our renowned Florida flight academy, you too will be flying at the controls of one of our modern fleet of aircraft taking your first lesson.
Our teaching experience, industry credentials and professional reputation have been built up over more than 40 years of aviation excellence and we appreciate how important our heritage is to your future.
Providing safe, high quality and excellent value training for student pilots;
Continuously improving our course and training products;
Achieving customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding the expectations of students;
Operating our business in an efficient, effective manner, providing return on investment to shareholders and increasing opportunities for employee growth and achievement; and
Being the responsible employer respected by both employees and the community.