- Anchorage, Alaska
- Hourly $14.00 – $17.00
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Responsible for providing service and responding to customer inquires for assigned positions according to established procedures and location requirements. Respond in a prompt, accurate, courteous, and poised manner in order to encourage positive business relationships between Everts Air Cargo and its customers. Effectively perform assignments and process work to meet established deadlines and performance goals.
1. Promptly respond to Everts Air Cargo personnel and customer telephone and written inquires for information about company services, regulations, transit information, procedures, and rate. Respond via phone and in writing to customer and internal personnel requests for information in clear and understandable manner. Forward charter requests to Sales.
2. Provide customers with accurate shipping information by using FPA and keeping all manual service updates in an organized fashion, attending all available training, and accurately interpreting all resource guides. Retrieve information from computers, hard files, manuals, and directories.
3. Notify customers of backhaul freight and any monies due, notate call in FPA under tracking, and once freight is picked up notate type of payment received in FPA. Coordinate with accounting on customer rates/notes as needed.
4. Execute air bills accurately and completely. Ensure the freight is properly described, apply tariffs where necessary. Audit air bills as required. Research air bills for accounting or customer use as needed.
5. Process and prepare forms, documents, and correspondence according to established procedures for approval. Maintain cash drawer and daily sales report. Prepare D.O.T. Trucking report and weekly mail reconciliation. Process/audit daily cargo and flight paperwork. Match air bills from outstations. Create preprints for customers. Create other reports as requested.
6. Maintain accurate documentation of records and activity. Repeatedly bend or reach to file and retrieve documents. Answer telephone, forward calls to appropriate department, take messages when necessary. Sort/distribute comat as required enter POD information into FPA. Update customer service manual directories as needed. Update Sales with pertinent customer information. Keep a supply of comat, expense reports and flight envelopes available.
7. Produce activity reports for management.
8. Respond to customer satisfaction issues by keeping Sales/Operations appraised of customer concerns and/or problems.
9. Record and follow through on customer requests for pick-ups, advise customer of service schedule and/or required documentation and procedures, and forward requests to Operations according to location requirements. Advise customers of flight times, cutoffs, and shipping requirements.
10. Encourage customer development by striving to turn informational calls into freight shipped and forwarding potential sales lead information to Sales.
11. Assist other agents and departments as needed. Assist cargo department as necessary. Assist customers with freight in warehouse. Coordinate with Cargo Supervisor or Manager regarding charters, flag stops or customers. Receive/process small package shipments.
12. Provide training to new hires or other company personnel as needed. Assist with training new cargo, customer service or other personnel.
1. Requires the ability to understand, retain, and deliver information verbally and written.
2. Requires the ability to maintain excellent customer/station agent relations, and to deal effectively with irate customers.
3. Requires a courteous, helpful, and poised phone manner and possess excellent interpersonal skills.
4. Requires the ability to make determinations quickly and under pressure.
5. Requires good organizational, attention to detail, and record keeping skills and also the ability to maintain current and updated information. Requires the ability to input and retrieve information from a database.
6. Requires the ability to type 45+ wpm, as required by location.
7. Requires the ability to be sedentary for extended periods of time and the ability to operate a computer keyboard and screen for extended periods of time as required by location.
8. Must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously, such as talking on the phone, data entry, and data retrieval.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.