- Toronto, On Canada
- Annual Salary $85,000.00 – $95,000.00
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
De Havilland Aircraft of Canada is currently searching for a Category 1 Inspector to join our team in Toronto.
The Category 1 Inspector will be responsible for assuring the conformity certification on behalf of the manufacturer and the approved Quality System and verify assembled aircraft when ready for the production flight-testing phase. Additionally, the Category 1 Inspector will communicate and collaborate with the Transport Canada Ministers and their Delegates.
At De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Limited, our employees work together worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary
- Full extended health and benefit plan
- The opportunity to join an organization from the ground floor
- Great task diversity and unique challenges
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Assure the conformity certification on behalf of the manufacturer and the approved Quality System
- Verify assembled aircraft when ready for the production flight-testing phase;
- Validate and declares that the aircraft fully conforms to its approved design data;
- Communicate and collaborate with Transport Canada Ministers Delegates;
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- You must be conversant with the Company’s policies and documentation system regarding Quality;
- You must have experience in Manufacturing, configuration control/definition, preventative maintenance specifications/maintenance schedules and the type design definition associated with the Aircraft being certified;
- You must be conversant with the applicable Transport Canada regulations and standards associated with a C of A, special C of A or export airworthiness certificate along with the limitations associated with the Company’s manufacturer approval number
- You must understand and accept responsibilities associated with making a conformity certification of an aircraft to its approved design data;
- You must hold a valid AME M2 license. Endorsements on the Dash-8 is considered an asset.
- You must have at least five (5) year’s Aerospace experience of which one (1) year must have been in Preflight or a Quality environment;
- You must have previous experience as a CAT 2 Inspector or an ACA of an AMO (an asset);
- You have experience working with Transport Canada;
- You must have strong familiarity of the Canadian Air Regulations 561 or 571;
- You have High-level customer oriented approach with the desire to provide excellent service;
- You must demonstrate good judgment, rigor and known for professionalism discipline;
- Additionally, you must possess strong moral and ethical standards towards safety of the product and people;
- You have strong communication and presentation skills and work well with people of all levels
Longview Aviation Capital Corp. (LAC) was established in 2016 to manage a portfolio of long- term investments in the Canadian aerospace industry. At present, LAC includes and/or is associated with the assets of Viking Air Ltd., Pacific Sky Aviation Ltd, Longview Aviation Asset Management Inc., De Havilland Aircraft of Canada and Longview Aviation Services. With the addition of the Dash 8 Q Series, Longview holds the Type Certificates and entire product line of the original deHavilland aircraft company including the Twin Otter program and the DHC-1 through DHC-7 series, as well as the former Canadair CL-215, CL-215T, and CL-415 waterbomber aircraft. Longview has a workforce of approximately 1,800 full-time employees in manufacturing and service support in locations across Canada making it North America’s largest commercial turboprop aircraft manufacturer.
This is a unique opportunity to join an innovative team dedicated to achieving outstanding results.
The team at De Havilland Aircraft of Canada thanks you for your application.
To learn more about us visit us at https://dehavilland.com/en
De Havilland is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, age, sex, colour, ethnic origin, ancestry, place of origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, gender expression, marital status, family status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Longview Aviation Capital Corp. (LAC) was established in 2016 to manage a portfolio of long-term investments in the Canadian aerospace industry. LAC includes the assets of Viking Air Limited, De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Limited (owner of the entire Dash 8 program including 100, 200, 300, and in-production Series 400 programs), Pacific Sky Aviation Inc., Longview Aviation Asset Managment, and Longview Aviation Services.
Longview, through its subsidiaries, holds the Type Certificates for the entire product line of the original de Havilland Canada aircraft DHC-1 through DHC-7, the Viking Series 400 Twin Otter, and the Canadair CL-215, CL-215T, and CL-415 aerial firefighters. Longview has a workforce of approximately 1,800 full-time employees in manufacturing and aircraft service support in locations across Canada, including Victoria, Calgary and Toronto.