West Palm Beach
Occupational Category: AP Mechanic
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Salary: USD 0
Description: Aero Management Group LLC
seeks a AP Mechanic.
Position Title: A & P Mechanic
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Date Updated: 1/27/2020
A&P Mechanics perform a variety of mechanical duties on various aircraft models including, but not limited to: diagnosis of malfunctions and required disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, reassembly or adjustment of various aircraft systems to prepare aircraft for flight and delivery to customer.
- Performs intermediate/heavy maintenance tasks without supervision
- Performs airframe, powerplant and propeller repairs and modifications required to meet company and FAA requirements
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting, including airframe structures, engines, and aircraft systems.
- Performs turbine engine troubleshooting, inspection, repair and engine run-ups.
- Conducts airframe system, component changes and systems checkout.
- Performs installation of service bulletins and kits on airframes and engines.
- Ability to comprehend and complete all Aircraft Manufacturer Scheduled Maintenance items.
- Removal and disassembly of defective parts; assembly and installation of replacement parts; and testing aircraft systems
- Interprets technical manuals, drawings, and blueprints
- Mechanics will be required to sign for work accomplished including troubleshooting deferred maintenance items, and ensure proper recording of all maintenance tasks on company documents
- Building of customer invoices using labor calculations, purchase orders, and parts mark-up calculations
- Uses equipment such as tensiometers, micrometers, pressure gauges, dial gauges, vacuum gauges, timing lights, and a variety of hand tools to repair or modify systems or assemblies.
- Keep a constant watch for safety, excessive cost of labor duplication, ensure proper and adequate equipment is used, acceptable parts or components are installed, and approved hardware or supplies are used
- Ensure work performed adheres to high quality standards
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A&P License is required
- Requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience with diversified jet, turboprop, piston, modification, aircraft/flight maintenance or airframe sheet metal maintenance. Must have experience in MROs
- Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment
- Preferred experience in a customer service facility performing inspections and repair of aircraft.
- Valid state driver’s license
- Requires use of arithmetic, blueprints, and specifications plus knowledge of jet and piston airframe and engine principles
- Flexibility in scheduling required.
- Some travel required.
- Must successfully pass background check and drug test
- Ability to read and respond to E-Mail communications.
- Aero Management Group LLC provides top-tier employee compensation benefits and a relaxed, team-oriented work environment, including:
Date Posted: 2020-6-29
Please Apply by: 2020-7-15