- Fairbanks, Alaska
- Hourly $18.00 – $20.00
- Job ID
Description, duties, responsibilities
Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, or computers. Make decisions regarding customer accounts or the coordination with accounting manager to reach appropriate decision for customers.
1. Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures and cash postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other coworkers.
2. Evaluate records for accuracy or balances, postings, calculations, and other records pertaining to business or operating transactions and recording discrepancies
3. Perform financial calculations such as amounts due and, balances.
4. Record financial transactions and other account information to update and maintain accounting records.
5. Prepare weekly/monthly statements for mailing.
6. Provide friendly, courteous customer service by phone, fax, and mail for account questions, auditing, etc.
7. Responsible for the research and correction of account errors.
8. Coordinate with accounts payable for refund on customer accounts, receipt of refunds from vendor accounts, pass thru billing to intercompany accounts and agent pay/customer account reconciliations.
9. Perform collections as needed, being conscious of the accounts that are 60, 90 and 120 days past due; contacting the customer as directed.
10. Build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
1. Requires the knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, and mathematic applications as they pertain to accounting.
2. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms and other office procedures and terminology.
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of financial functions.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Everts Air Cargo was formed in 1995 as a 121 Certificated Cargo Airline. Everts Air Cargo is headquartered in Fairbanks where it serves as the primary base for maintenance, administration and charter operations. Everts provides scheduled freight service to 12 major hubs in Alaska. Everts expanded operations to the Lower 48 and now has five MD-80 jets and flies throughout the US, Canada and Mexico.